Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 link Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 3 boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tblsp, minced garlic
- 3 cups paella rice (parboiled is fine)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large paella pan, or a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add chorizo to the skillet, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, cooked chorizo, paprika, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and parsley; mix to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to simmer; cook, for 10 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed most of the broth and almost tender.
- Arrange shrimp over the rice. Scatter peas over. Reduce heat to low, cover with foil or lid, and cook for 5 – 10 minutes, or until peas are crisp-tender, and rice is tender. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.