California Sushi Rolls
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 Rolls
Serving Size: 6 pieces per roll
- 2 Cups of Jasmine Rice
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 2Tbsp of rice vinegar
- 6 sheets of nori
- 2Tbsp of roasted sesame seeds
- 1 16oz package of imitation crab meat
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium avocado
- Soy Sauce
- Combine 2 cups of rice with 2 cups of water. Dissolve the sugar in the rice mixture. Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat until rice is cooked.
- Let rice cool and stir in the rice vinegar.
- Lay out your bamboo mat and cover it with a piece of plastic wrap. Place a sheet of nori on the mat and cover it with a thin layer of the rice.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over the rice.
- Flip the rice covered nori over and add the imitation crab meat, avocado, and vegetables in a row. Be careful not to overfill.
- Roll the sushi up using firm pressure on the mat.
- Unroll the mat and cut the sushi into half inch slices with a sharp knife.
- Serve with soy sauce.
Kids Can Cook Tip: Keep a bowl of water handy to dip your fingers into while handling your cooked rice. It can get sticky! Keeping your hands moist will prevent the rice from sticking to your fingers while you build your rolls.