Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of coarse salt and coarse pepper
- 1 large yellow skinned onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and add smashed garlic.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Scatter chicken around the pan in an even layer. Cook chicken pieces 2 minutes on each side to brown, then add the onions, raisins and stock.
- Mix spices in a small dish and scatter over the pot. Cover and reduce to moderate heat. Cook 7 or 8 minutes, remove the lid and stir.
- Uncover chicken and cook another 2 to 3 minutes to thicken slightly. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and serve.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and scallions.
Kids Can cook Tip: This recipe can easily be served with Basmati rice and Mango Chutney