Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup panko
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix together the egg, garlic, cumin, allspice, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the ground beef and panko and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, form 8 disc-shaped meatballs.
- Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated. Grill the meatballs for about 4 minutes per side, or until they are nicely browned on the exterior and no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving plate and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve with the yogurt sauce.