Shrimp on the Barbie
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined1medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak 16 (4″) bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and skewers in a small mixing bowl.
- Line shrimp up in vertical rows of 3, all facing the same direction on a flat surface.
- Thread two wooden skewers, one at the head-end and one at the tail-end, through each row of three shrimp so you end up with a washboard-looking rectangle of skewered shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a platter and liberally brush with liquid mixture.
- Place shrimp skewers on hot grill and cook 1-2 minutes per side.